CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yabadabadoo!

Today, after I got off the phone with Nanny Ilse and Opa Rudolph, I decided that I needed to record Sofia since it's been a while since they have seen her on camera so here it is, guys! This was my best attempt at capturing Sofia, it's hard to keep her focused but I'll keep videoing so you can see her progression.

Syd and I both agree that this 'talking spurt' is just as exciting as when she took her first steps. She is on the verge of being a full fledged talker, she just needs a couple more days and a perhaps a translator. Clearly I've got to work on my Dutch but my little one will be fluent in Dutch, Spanish and English.

My mom and I made this video after dinner. She was on a roll, repeating EVERYTHING she heard. A family friend stopped by while golfing and Uncle Alex said, "Hey Michael" and suddenly, Sofia said the same thing! I don't even think she's heard that name before but she said it loudly and almost clearly. You can hear her version of "Michael" at the beginning of the video. She's also starting to form sentences which I tried to get on video but then again, she isn't known to perform so I couldn't get it all. I did, however, manage to get her sticking her finger up her nose. Lovely.

We had a great weekend celebrating Cheo's birthday both Friday and Saturday. He's the sweetest brother and I am delighted that he enjoyed himself at his parties, he deserves it. Love you brother, happy birthday!

Here are some pictures from our weekend:

beautiful baby
Mama Alv and the birthday boy"riding a bike, riding a bike, 2 plants are riding a bike" singer and songwriter, Isabella. Sofia sang back up. they are adorable.

temptation...

they have too much fun together
happy birthday!

5 comments:

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

Love the new layout!

Cute pics!

Love you!

the tichenor family said...

she's such an angel baby. we love you guys so much! oh, and she looks so beautiful in her new outfit. love it.

The Porters said...

Sofia is too cute...I can't get over it! I am so happy for you and your family...hope you have a great week!

Ivy said...

i love that video! i miss her!

5th Belle Avenue said...

I just want to eat her up! That video is too precious. I can't wait for you to post another one! I wish so badly I could hop on a plane and come back to TX for a few hours so I can see you and meet your beautiful family. It really does seem like it was FOREVER ago that we used to play in your backyard. Robbie has never been to TX, so we will DEFINITELY be planning a trip soon. I'll let you know when we do!