CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

hello, sunshine

This weekend, we were on the go as usual. Friday night, Syd and I had a date night with my parents, inadvertently. We had a great time with them and although the original plan was to go to a birthday party at Ra Sushi, we realized once we got there, we were "too old" for that scene. Funny thing was, the birthday boy was turning the big 4-0. My parents were at the birthday party too and we all lasted about 5 minutes before we hit the road for a low-key dinner. Sofia stayed with Missy and Waldo. She had a blast with them at Carrabba's. Sofia, Isa and Aeva entertained the whole table. Missy and Waldo had a great time with our little girl, we are lucky to have wonderful family members like them!

Little Miss Sunshine
Saturday, we took Sofia to the pool again and found out that she really does NOT like swimming. We had to coax her to get into the water and she was fine for a few minutes until she saw my mom walking by and immediately screamed for her to "save" her. She got out, ate with my parents, and then my dad tried bringing her back in the pool and she started crying again. I'm not sure if it was overwhelming for her because of all the people, if the water was too cold or if she just doesn't like to swim. Tomorrow I am going to take her to a smaller pool with less people and hopefully she will get the hang of it, otherwise we will have to find another way to cool her off in the sweltering heat.

She likes fountains...just not pools


I have to say that I am so proud of Syd. This weekend, he cut and edged the lawn on his own. He has a new found respect for lawn care technicians. Evidently, edging isn't as easy as it seems but being a home owner now, he has to go through this rite of passage. He battled the heat Saturday afternoon to get our lawn whipped into shape and I must say, he did an excellent job. Way to go, love! I'm glad we no longer have a rainforest growing in our front yard.

Although he was exhausted from cutting the grass, Papa took his girls out Saturday night


Today, Sofia and I met up with the Hall girls and welcomed Meredith and Carson home. I'm so happy to have other mommies around- I love those girls! Ava, Sofia and Carson were precious together...except Miss Sofia was in desperate need of a nap so she was behaving uncharacteristically. We had lunch together at Japaneiros and the food was excellent, our waiter was not. Clearly, mommies with babies need a little extra love from their waiters but this guy didn't understand that. We were trying to keep our sweet angels entertained with everything you can think of until their food got there but times got tough. Sofia didn't want to sit in her chair, she admired Carson and Ava, wandered around the restaurant, and even tried to walk out the front door. Sweet Stacy and Meredith were such a big help, they distracted Sofia so she would sit still and she managed to make it through lunch without a major melt down.

That's my angel baby. After lunch, we headed back home and Sofia immediately crashed in the car and slept for an hour and a half!

I'm thrilled Sofia has so many little friends to keep her company this summer. And the great women they call mommy are amazing! I just wish Mandy, Jaheym and Maiysha were here to play too!! Come visit please?

*The pictures are from our Saturday evening adventure to La Centerra. I wish I had taken some today but things were too hectic.

Have a joyful joyful week everyone!

3 comments:

The Hall Family said...

We had so much fun with you guys yesterday! I am so glad to reconnect, I dont know how many times i will say that, but i mean it!! We will have to introduce Carson to the little waterfalls that come out of the ground. Lets go to La Centerra soon! the kids will love that! I hope you have a great day, and sorry we didnt meet up for library time today, Ava has been grumpy and is napping as we speak. Hince the comment i am able to type and post! haha!!!

Jacci said...

i'm so jealous you get to hang out with mer and carson now! i wish robert could find a job in houston! hope you guys have lots of fun together this summer! sofia's precious as always.

Ivy said...

sofia is beautiful mija! if you want to bring her over to my house nad swim in our pool you can.. no one will be in the pool and you can figure out if its the people or just the pool in general that she doesnt like...

anyway call me and let me know if we are still on for tuesday love! te amo. besos a la nena! <3