CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Psalm 139:14

This week we've had one activity after another so pardon me for not updating sooner and for missing Sofia's 19 month birthday. Little Miss Chatterbox is doing great. She's having a fabulous summer hanging out by the pool, going to storytime, playing with sweet new friends and enjoying the Texas sun. She is so active these days, naps have become a regular part of her daily routine.

look at all those teeth my 19 month girl has!
Sofia's speech is becoming clearer. She says I love you, "I want..", juice, water, nope, yeah, um I don't know, lotion, wettie (translation: diaper), pee pee, poo poo and so much more, the rest just isn't understandable. She's also jumping, twirling, running, and climbing all over the furniture. I believe that Sofia is destined to become an engineer because she is great at problem solving. What she loves to do most is move the furniture. Whether we're at home or out, Sofia will take it upon herself to move chairs, purses, even tables (kid sized ones of course). She could entertain herself all day long doing it!

mama and me taking a break at the Children's Museum
Sofia is also very helpful these days. She loves to clean, here's an example: our rug sheds tons. I am always picking up carpet fuzz and so is she. She even gets down on her hands and knees and scrapes the lint off the top of the carpet- wonder where she learned that? She also has taken a great interest in the sponge. If she gets her hands on that, everything turns up wet and soapy. Sofia also loves to help take care of other babies and her baby dolls. When we are with Aevary, she is constantly taking out her pacifyer and then giving it back to her. I know it defeats the purpose when she removes it, but she lovingly gives it back. She has also started to put her baby dolls to sleep by rocking them. Once they are sleeping, she says 'shhh'. She's too cute! One of these days, I'll make a video of it because it's too precious for words.

sof and carson sharing toys. we've learned that sharing means caring.

Sofia has fallen in love with the pool. Saturday, at Lifetime, she walked in the shallow end by herself, played in the fountain, danced in the water and even jumped to me in the deep end. We swam with Ava, Carson, Isabella, and Aevary for 2 1/2 hours. We had too much fun!

aren't thesee 3 just the cutest thing you've ever seen?

My sweet girl is getting sweeter by the day. My mom actually asked me, "Has she gotten cuter since yesterday?" Sosa is growing and changing so much, I cherish these days and am thankful for such wonderful family and friends, sharing the experience with us. Love you all!

indoor picnic with laura and joaquin



7 comments:

5th Belle Avenue said...

Oh my gosh, Latin Fusion?! How cool is that!! I need to look that up around here. I can't believe they have a Bikram Yoga studio in SL, you need to try it! Let me know before you go and I'll give you a few pointers I wish I had known!

You and Sophia look like you're having such an amazing start to your summer. I'm excited to keep up with ya'll. I can't believe how big she is!! Have fun!

the tichenor family said...

we love sosa. can't wait for cupcakes tomorrow.

5th Belle Avenue said...

AH!! I misspelled sweet Sofia's name (our next door neighbor is "Sophia"), I was laying in bed and it dawned on me! I had to jump up and write this. Please forgive me!

Ivy said...

hello my lover. i just left you a novel of a comment on facebook. silly me.

i am positive sofia is cuter everytime i see her or see pics. i miss you a lot.

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

Such a Cutie Pie!

Ilse said...

I cant't believe how big Sofia is.
She is so cute.... schattig hoor.
We kunnen niet wachten om haar te zien, love love from Holland.
Kusjes van Opa Randolff Nanny Ilse.

The Hall Family said...

My serious daughter. what am i gonna do with her? hahaha!!! We love you Harris women so so much! Meredith says, "NO days will be spent bored at home!" haha!!!!

I love every minute together!! i feel so spoiled!!