CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

school's out for summer

This weekend was perfect. Syd and Sofia enjoyed spending time together, playing, dancing, shopping. Syd kept Sofia so busy with activities, she didn't even know that I was gone. Syd should be receiving his nomination for Father of the Year very shortly.

By the way, anyone have any good ideas for Father's Day gifts?
While I was gone, Syd's homework was to take 10 pictures. This is one of them.

California was amazing. The weather was gorgeous: it was exactly like Texas only 30 degrees cooler. We spent our whole trip outdoors. I had a wonderful time with my mom, Dani and Georgean, aka Jorge, but I called Syd every few hours to check in and make sure they were doing ok. In my mind, I was thinking that the world would end when I left but it turns out, they did just fine on their own, I was the one missing them like crazy!

Saturday, in Santa Monica, we woke up early to shop! We went to the 3rd street Promenade for some shopping, food and fun. Afterwards, we headed to Venice Beach for some people watching. We ate at the Sidewalk Cafe and had front row seats to the "freak show". There were so many shameless people parading the streets, we ate in silence taking it all in. The highlight of the meal was a man in a speedo walking by, strutting his stuff. He looked ridiculous yet no one seemed to care but us.
Danielle took this picture. She loves dogs.the ladiesSaturday night, we went to the Artists for the Arts Benefit concert- the reason for our trip. My mom is absolutely obsessed with the headliner, Jackson Brown. She and Georgean had a blast at the concert, while Danielle and I entertained ourselves cracking jokes about the performers. We didn't particularly care for any of the artists; our reason for taking the trip wasn't for the concert, it was for some qt with our moms. Our mission was accomplished. I had quite the adventure with the lovely ladies, in fact, we are planning another trip for August- this time for the whole family.
oh how i love this girl.

Monday morning I finally got to see my baby. We were both overjoyed to see one another. Sofia was even happier once she saw what mama brought her from California- a pair of crocs!
Sofia wanted to ride Aevary like a horse. She like it.

This week is the start of our "summer vaca". With Missy out of school for the summer, Isabella, Aeva and Sofia can play all day every day. We are also looking forward to playing with Carson, Ava, Melinda and Lilly. Sofia has a busy summer ahead of her, and she doesn't even know it!

My hula girl


Anyone up for some summertime fun? Call me, we will be out and about, ready to par-t-a-y.

3 comments:

Ivy said...

hello lover girl. glad to see you had ended up having fun at the concert after all haha! i know i said troy and i would be able to come to dinneron thursday but i dont think its going to work out so well afterall... really big bummer there. my friends whitney is in town and we made hair appointments for thursday at 5 bc we are going to a wedding in austin on friday... and we are going to have to leave for austin at 8 am on friday morning so we should get to bed prettty early.

ok this comment turned into a novel somehow but ill call you tomorrow bc maybe we could do soemthing sunday? thats the only day both troy and i will be free before he leavs fo n.y. for a week.. i dont know! well work it out.

love you dearly

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

I'm glad yall had a good time in Cali! That dog with the sunglasses is hilarious! Sounds like yall had a good time!

Can't get together this weekend. I have a Team in Training party for the honored teammates and then a couples shower Saturday night. But SOON!

LOVE YOU!

Tricia Keierleber said...

I love the pic of the doggie, and I LOVE Crocs... I have 12 pairs!!! (all different styles of course). :)