CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

potty time

Sosa sitting in Isa's big girl seat
The past week, Sofia has been saying 'pee pee' and then heading towards the bathroom. When we get to the restroom, she proceeds to take off her pants (or at least try to) and then she wants me to sit her on the toilet. She has never actually peed but she then will 'wipe'. She begins first by wiping her face, then she wipes downtown, and throws the toilet paper in the potty. After that, she shuts the lid, flushes the toilet and heads to the sink to wash her hands. At my parents, she cleverly moved the stool from the piano into the bathroom so she could reach the sink. Is she a baby Einstein or what?

Thursday is wedding soup at Italian Maid, Sofia loves her 'sooop'

Sofia loves to hang out in the restroom while other people are doing their business. I'm sure that is how she figured out what the toilet was for. At her 18 month well check, the doctor told me we could introduce a potty whenever we thought she was ready but some part of me thought she was still too young. After this week's consistent potty 'performances' I am quite sure she can handle a training seat. I'm just not sure that I can.

my little lovies

take 2
On another note, one thing I did learn that I can handle today is 3 kiddos. Today, I had the pleasure of babysitting Isabella and Aevary. We had fun playing, eating at the restaurant and most of all, we had fun napping. Luckily, Isa fell asleep on the way home from lunch and Sofia went to sleep shortly thereafter. Little Aeva is fighting it but either way, I'm proud to say that I survived a day in Lanie Alvarez's shoes. My poor mom had all 4 of us under the age of 6 at one time- I can't even fathom what her life was like in the mid 80s, early 90s.

priceless

Well folks, we've got a busy weekend ahead of us. Cheo is celebrating his 26th birthday and Syd and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary.

Love you all! Have a blessed weekend and we hope to hear from you all soon!

1 comment:

Tricia Keierleber said...

Praise the Lord!!! She'll potty train any day!! :) Her interest will make it soooo much easier!!! :)