CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Top 10

Here are some highlights from our week thus far:
Alex's top 10 favorite moments

1. The past 2 days, before her bedtime, Sofia has crawled into my lap and fallen asleep. She hasn't fallen asleep in my arms. I love it!
Tonight, she took a nap from 8:00-9:30pm and I put her to bed since Syd had a basketball game. I rocked her and put her in her crib. Although she wasn't asleep, she just sat there so sweetly, I said goodnight, left and she fell to sleep all by herself.
2. Sofia has started patting her face with a napkin to get food off- like a 45 year old woman at English tea.
3. She has started greeting her favorite people at the door with a huge smile on her face and screams of excitement.
4. Sofia now says 'please' and 'thank you'. A lady at the library opened the door for her and she politely said 'thank you.' The lady thought it was darling, I did too!
5. Sofia slept for 14 hours last night.
6. She loves talking on the phone so much, today she picked up the tv remote control and started a conversation. It lasted a good 5 minutes. She has also been known to talk to bananas as well.
7. Our sweet girl sat through me getting a pedicure without making a peep. When it was her turn to have her nails painted, she said "No!" She did, however, enjoy the massage chair and didn't want to leave.
8. Sofia is great with utensils, the problem is she might be a bit too rough. This week, I noticed fork marks in the table where she had 'stabbed' her pasta.

9. Right after I went to the restroom, Sofia threw her shoe into the toilet. It was before I had flushed.
10. Sofia doesn't like to see other babies cry. When we were eating lunch today, there was a little boy crying in his high chair. She got of her booster seat, walked over to him and said 'uh oh'. I think that was her way of appeasing him.

To all the mamas out there, does anyone have any thoughts on vaccinations and autism? There is an article about it in the current TIME magazine. My neighbor has advised me strongly to wait on the MMR vaccination. I have tried researching the issue myself but there is so much conflicting data out there, I'm not sure how to feel about it. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Friday, I leave for California. Sofia and Syd will be spending the weekend enjoying each others company. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my mama, Danielle and Georgean. The one thing I'm not looking forward to is the Jackson Brown concert- the reason for our trip. Don't ask.

I'll let you know how the Harris family fares as we go our separate ways this weekend.

Have a glorious week and an even better weekend. Hasta luego muchachitos! Besos!

4 comments:

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

This is my favorite of all the posts you ever done! I LOVE it!

#9 is awesome!

Have fun in Cali!

LOVE YOU

the tichenor family said...

everything i have ever read, researched, heard from doctors/nurses, etc. says to vaccinate your children as normal. first of all, boys are MUCH more likely than girls to be diagnosed with autism. second, the adverse effects of choosing to NOT vaccinate or to delay vaccinations can be fatal should your little one contract one of the viruses. If they are vaccinated and by some rare, remote, unproven chance that they are diagnosed with autism, they at least, will not die from this disease. that alone was reason enough for me to not believe the hype or jenny mccarthy!

the tichenor family said...

okay, now just a regular post...

loving the conversations with remotes and bananas! how cute.

shoe in potty? so funny, but big bummer.

sofia is such a precious little girl. we can't wait to play! have a fabulous trip.

Elise Thompson Kacal said...

What a wonderful site!

I completely understand your concern about vaccinations. However, I plan to vaccinate Ella per the doctor's schedule. I was talking with a girlfriend today- she has twin boys who will be 1 in July. She's super worried. I think she knows she should vaccinate, but instead of doing the MMR at 1 year, she might wait until 18 months.
Oh, and picturing Sophia talking to a banana makes me smile.