CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This week, Sofia and I have both been trying to catch up on our sleep. As it turns out, she was having so much fun with her babysitters, she may have missed out on some sleep. Both yesterday and today, she woke up early, turned on her music and went back to sleep. I love it when that happens because that means that I get to sleep in as well!

I don't know how she does it but Sofia can walk in a size 9 shoe!
As I said, we've both been dragging this week. I think the weather also has something to do with it; yesterday it poured all day and today it was overcast. Since we couldn't go to the park, we explored the house, played dress up and took short walks around the neighborhood in between thunder storms.

My little derby girl.
While we were on a walk today, Sofia fell down while running and got her first real "boo boo." She didn't cry when she fell but she definitely knew she had hurt herself. When Syd got home from, she showed him her knee and wanted him to kiss it. I don't think it's painful but when she looks down at her knees and sees the cut, she remembers and says "boo boo" over and over. I'm so proud of my resilient little girl for handling her first cut so well.
Checking out Sof's minor injury.
At dinner this evening, Sofia ate corn on the cob by herself for the very first time! Instead of eating the kernels that I had removed for her, she grabbed the cob from me and used her tiny little front teeth to eat it. I never thought she would be able to eat corn on her own but she managed quite well. The cutest part was watching her try to get the kernels off the cob one at a time. Since we have been back, Sofia has been "fake laughing" alot. I think my cousins taught her this weekend and she has been doing it non-stop. No matter what we are doing, whether she thinks it is funny or not, if someone is laughing, she will join it. We all have "courtesy laughs", I just can't believe my toddler has one!

Hope you are all doing wonderful and enjoying the week!

5 comments:

Tricia Keierleber said...

She is so precious! I love the video and the song playing in the background!;) (they have another song named "Thank you" and it is wonderful! I love that band!)

the tichenor family said...

ummm, the courtesy laugh is too funny! i cannot wait to see you again.

p.s. very few toddlers get to play dress up in tory burch shoes. what a blessed life we lead.

Ivy said...

ahh! sofia was wearing my shoes all of friday night! shes so funny! and when we were all sitting around the table laughing at stuff she would just chime in a second or two after everyone else stopped - we adored it! shes a doll.

i miss you lets see each other soon?

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

She is such a cutie patootie!

And may I just say, you are such a wonderful mom! All the adventures you have with your daughter is what it is all about. When my time comes, I will definitely have wonderful role models and examples on how to be a wonderful mother!

The Hall Family said...

oh how sweet!!!! i had a warm fuzzy moment with those Robeez- the ones that are pink with the white flowers. Ava had those too. those were her first official pair of shoes. i should get them bronzed!!! i love your blog and need some input on mine. how do you make it cute? do u have to hire someone to do it?