CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Uno.5 and loving it

Today marks Sofia's 18 month birthday, happy birthday sweet girl!
To celebrate Sofia's special half birthday, we went to the pool for the first time this summer. Yes, with the 94 degree heat Houston has experienced for the last 2 days, we needed to cool off so we headed to Lifetime. Sofia wasn't really into the swimming itself- she did enjoy the life jacket, playing in the sand and baking in the sun.
look Mom, just my size

After our day at the pool, we treated Sofia to an Astros game. I know, it's the perfect gift for an 18 month old! She enjoyed running around, eating ball park food, dancing during the 7th inning stretch and joining in the thunderous applauses that occurred sporadically through the game (she thought they were clapping for her). We even let her stay up till 9:30 which is a good 30 minutes past her bedtime so I must say that Sofia had a fun-filled half birthday.


Sofia was more interested in the miniature water bottle she found than in the picture

This week, Sofia has decided that her dolls need a bath. What does "bathe" mean to her? Throwing her dolls in the toilet and washing them off. I know, all kids do it. When I catch her in the act, I always laugh, then realize that she has ruined one of her precious baby dolls. There is no way to salvage anything that has fallen in the toilet so I do what any normal parent does: First I take a picture, then I get a trash bag, cover my hands, remove it and throw it away. We are down to 3 baby dolls. My only method of prevention is to keep the bathroom door shut so let's hope she doesn't find a way to open that door otherwise, she can kiss those dolls bye bye.


good intentions

bad outcome

Sofia has also been talking like crazy. We have very interesting conversations, today was no exception. I asked her how old she was and she said, "two." I don't know who taught her that but my little precious is a bit ahead of herself. I said, "No, Sofia, you're one." I said, "one, one, one" but she wouldn't repeat it. She repeats everything we say, whether we like it or not, but the one thing I want her to say- she won't. I changed my tactics and told her to repeat "uno" and she did. So today, on her 1.5 birthday, Sofia has learned that she is in fact, uno, not dos.


playtime



In just a year and a half, we have created precious, unforgettable memories that we will cherish forever. Being such an easy-going, joyful little girl, Sofia has made our job incredibly easy.


Our continual prayer, Proverbs 22:6

8 comments:

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

I LOVE the before and after picture of her doll's run-in with the toilet. She is so cute in her little life jacket too! Loves it!

Tricia Keierleber said...

So many cute stories and so many cute pictures! I love them ALL! :) She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

the toilet story made me laugh. she is just darling. Hope to see her and YOU soon.

the tichenor family said...

okay, the doll in the toilet is too funny! sofia has such personality, i love it. have i ever told you that you dress her super cute? she always looks like a little doll. good job mama!

love you, see you OH SO SOON!

Ivy said...

oh sosa! she's so adorable! i love her. im going to miss you tomorrow night! boo! but we will get together soon... how do you feel about next wednesday? troys brother is in town till then and then after that we have a crazy week of going back and forth to austin and having visitors.. anyway ill call you soon.

te amo mi bella amiga. y te extrano mucho.

Jacci said...

i love reading your blog because it kinda prepares me for things to come. she's so adorable.

Ilse said...

I love the picture of her doll's
Erg mooi hoor,we moesten wel er lachen.Cute story.
We hope to see her soon.
Kusjes van ons allemaal.

The Hall Family said...

You are so sweet to me! thanks for the prayers!! Happy 1 1/2 to Sofia!!! What a little sweetheart!!! Your pictures are great, and i love the doll in the TOILET!!!! i laughed out loud. Ava has not tried that yet, but she does dump her waste from her potty into mine and flush it. I think she is ready to just do it on the big potty and skip a step hahahaha!!! talk to you soon!!!