CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bye bye.

Tomorrow, Syd, Sofia and I will pass a new milestone in our lives. It will be the very first time that we leave Sofia for the weekend. Da, da, da (that was supposed to be mysterious music alluding at the fact that this could turn out to be a complete disaster).

So, today at around 2:00pm, Laura calls me and asked if Syd and I would like to go with her and Will to the KENTUCKY DERBY. HELLO?! The chance of a lifetime is calling me and YES! We would love to go! Her mom and dad planned the trip and were supposed to go until, poor Aunt Debbie (Laura's mom) pulled a muscle in her back. She doesn't want to risk reinjuring her back so she told Laura to find someone to fill their spots. Syd and I both agreed, we were going to be spontaneous and go for it.

The trouble lie in the fact that our #1 babysitter, my mom, left for Chicago today so I was scrambling all afternoon to find people I know, trust and love to take care of my sweet baby. My dad would be the second most likely babysitter but he just got back from Venezuela today, he has alot of work to do AND he's terrified when Sofia cries so I know he wouldn't last a weekend with her, alone.

Tomorrow, Sofia is going to be with my cousin for the day, then she is going to play with Aunt Liz for a while and she will stay the night with Titi Ivy. I have no doubt that Ivy and her mama will love on the baby every single minute she is there. She is a dear friend and I know Sofia will enjoy herself. Saturday, Sofia will go back to my parents' house with Liz, play with Abuelo and Liz for a while and stay the night with my cousins. Yes, things become complicated when you find out last minute about things but I believe this is one opportunity we can't miss out on.

I am 110% Sofia will be WELL taken care of but please pray for her as she experiences her first weekend away from Mama and Papa. We'll say bye bye tomorrow morning and we'll be back Sunday afternoon. I'll keep you posted on how it all goes and take lots of pictures of the weekends activities.

Have a blessed weekend!

4 comments:

the tichenor family said...

Oh my goodness... HOW FUN IS THAT?! Why can't someone call me with that kind of news? Did you get a fun and fabulous hat to wear?

I'll be praying for Sofia (and mama)... hope you and Syd enjoy yourselves... what an awesome experience!

Love you.

Ilse said...

Oh wat leuk voor jullie.
I'll be praying for Sofia and(MAMA,PAPA)have a nice time.
Lekker genieten.
Kusjes Love you all.

Tricia Keierleber said...

Enjoy your trip! How fun! FYI, since we live near each other... if you are ever in a babysitter bind again.. call me! I ALWAYS am babysitting, and I would love to help you out. Paul could come along too, he needs the practice! ;
)

Ivy said...

soo excited about my little love Sosa. Hope you and Syd have a super awesome time. Take lots and lots of pictures and you better wear those hats! xoxo.