CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Monday miracles, Ruby Tuesday

Really quickly, I want to share a few of the new, amazing things Sofia has done this week.

Yesterday morning at 8:00am, I hear music coming from Sofia's baby monitor. I waited a few minutes for cries to follow but what I heard was music to my ears (literally and figuratively). Sofia had turned on the music because she wanted to go BACK to sleep.

In the evening, when Syd begins her bedtime routine, he turns on the music and rocks her. Well, Sofia decided that she could 'rock' herself to sleep too. After turning on the Fisher Price soother, she slept for another 2 hours. It was beautiful! I was able to catch up on my sleep and Sofia did the same.

Today, Sofia got into the bath tub on her own. Somehow, she managed to put one leg over the other as she lifted, more like heaved, herself onto the tub ledge and then she turned herself around into the tub. It was quite the feat considering the lengths she had to go through to get her legs onto the ledge. Not only did she get herself into the tub, she then proceeded to play with her bathtime toys, eventhough there was no water. She entertained herself for a while and then got out of the tub on her own too.

Tonight, I went out to eat with my mom and brother and while I was out, Sofia looked for me in the garage. Apparently, when I say 'bye bye' and exit through the garage, she thinks I am hiding in there so after I left, she pointed at the door, looked at Syd and said "Mama." He opened the door for her and she looked all around, high and low. After an unsuccessful search, she threw her hands up and said, "I don't know" (sounds more like I no know) but it was precious nonetheless.

Sweet Sofia picking up each blade of grass she could get her hands on. As you can see, she has mastered her hand eye coordination.
We are so proud of our little girl. She is more precious than words and I can't believe how quickly she is growing up, it is truly incredible to witness. I am so thankful to my wonderful husband for allowing me to stay at home with our angel. I love you, babies!

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

3 comments:

Ivy said...

que bella as la nina. ay! es tan bella como su mama! to extrano mija, y te voy a llamar despues del trabajo hoy. besitos a sosa y a ti siempre. xoxo

the tichenor family said...

i have the biggest smile on my face... this is too precious for words. she's a little angel. you are so blessed to have such a sweet little girl.

Ilse said...

Hola Familia Harris
Sofia is very bright and smart,
just like her Mama and her Papa.
I love you all.
Kusjes van ons allemaal.
Opa Nanny en uncle Carsley.
Sweet little ANGEL