CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pee Pee in the Potty or something like that?

This morning, precious Sofia did something she has never done before. No, she didn't use the potty, but she didn't use her diaper either. Did she use the floor as her own private bathroom? YES!

The past few days, I noticed Sofia playing with the tabs that hold her pamper together but I never thought she would be able to undo them completely and take off her diaper. Today, she proved me wrong. This morning, Sofia was still in her nightgown when she walked up to me and handed me a diaper. I thought she had gone to her diaper bag and pulled it out so I said, "Ok, baby, go put it back." She just stood there looking at me with a funny grin on her face so out of curiosity, I lifted up her nighty to see what was up with her diaper. Oh, wait, what diaper? What is going on here?
As I thought back to the 30 minutes prior, I realized she must have taken it off then, while I was making breakfast. She had been parading around the house by herself and avoiding me completely. Something wasn't right here... I started looking around the living room, kitchen, her room and what do I find? A little puddle of pee pee right next to the rug. Thankfully, she hadn't gone anywhere else nor had she wet the carpet. Ah, the joys of motherhood.

After cleaning up the mess, I called Syd to tell him the story and we both agreed she will not be wearing dresses without little 'panties' underneath. Nightgowns are out of the question. We've got to get some pants on that girl!

You won't be seeing Sofia without one of these. I think she kinda likes, check her out!
We have had a wonderful day. Sofia and I spent 2 hours playing at the park and after lunch with Nana, we went on a walk and low-and-behold she is asleep! I think I might join her.
Love to you all!

Sweet girl fascinated by the flowers
Tiny nature girl
Gotta love those flowers!

1 comment:

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that last pic of Sofia with the flower in her hair! PRECIOUS!

BJ can't come with me for game night tomorrow but I DEFINITELY am still planning on coming over if that's okay. We can play games or just hang out. I'm anxious to see the house and chat!

LOVE YOU!