CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

And the winner is...


Sofia 1 -
Naps 0

Last week was definitely a learning experience for both me and Sofia. I meant to post each day about our naptime woes but we were without internet for a few days so here's a recap of the short lived battle:

After the catastrophic start of our new napping schedule, I had little hope for getting my girl to nap in the day. She is clearly a healthy, happy, vivacious little girl who is growing each and every day so who is Dr. What's his name to tell me when my child needs to sleep?

Sure I know it's best for her to nap in the day but I can't force her and she sent that message loud and clear the first day I tried 'ferberizing' her. After talking it through with Syd, we've decided to take the approach of ' if she's tired, she'll sleep'. As I continued reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child, I began to see that my child was quite different than those the dr. spoke of in his book. She isn't 'sleep deprived', she's got a ferocious appetite, she's energetic, pleasant to be around and like I said, when she's tired, she sleeps. What more could I ask for?

I DID get Sofia to nap 3 times last week, all of which were in the car. I don't mind driving around the neighborhood 10-15 minutes if it gets her to sleep, and when I see that she is tired, I get in the car and go. And, I would much rather do that than sit in my bedroom, listening to my baby's heart wrenching cry and not do anything about it.


Sorry, Dr. Ferber, Dr. Weissbluth, I do not concur with your findings.



Sweet sweet Sofia



Where's Sofia?



Big girl, big fork!

4 comments:

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

Aw, sweet Sofia! Glad yall found the "Harris Method". She is just such a cutie patootie!

Ilse said...

Hola Harris Family
We red your story and you are right.
Causé Mom knows best what's good for her child.
Precies doen wat je denkt dat goed is(Ask Syd to tanslate).
Love you, kusjes Harris Family from Holland

Jacci said...

sweet girl, those pictures are precious. i guess she'd just rather hang out with you all day then nap! it could be worse... :)

Ivy said...

belleza! i cant wait to see the dinig room table and ofice furniture! yay! how exiting for yall!! i left you a voicemail today bc your phone went straight to your machine, but im leaving thursday so maybe we can get together next week before i leave AGAIN to go to dallas..
anyway, te amo - hablamos pronto y quida mi bebe hasta la veo otra vez!

besitos para todos!

oh and i cannot even begin to tell you how excited Troy and I are that we will be in houston and get to hang out with you Syd!!