CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mamma Mia

This Mother's Day weekend, my sweet family and I shared lots of quality time and I loved every minute of it! I am thankful for my perfect baby girl and amazing husband!
Friday, Sofia got ready for summer- we went to the mall and she picked out 3 new pairs of sandals, sunglasses and some cute summer outfits. She marveled at her new shoes for hours; if you haven't yet picked up on it, my 17.5 month old daughter has a shoe addiction. Can you blame her?

Later that day, we left for San Marcos for Tosha's graduation party. We were planning on going to Austin but found out late that day that 35 was closed. Boo. On the way to our hotel, Sofia fell asleep. She woke up when we got to the room but we figured that she would go back to sleep since it was already 9:30- turns out, she had plans of her own.

For an hour and a half, Sofia "taunted" us. She would lay down for a few minutes then pop back up and start singing, playing and laughing. Syd and I both knew that she was past the point of exhaustion and the reason she was toying with us was because her routine had been broken and she was mad. We did everything that we could to get her to sleep- we even turned out all the lights and sat in darkness but nothing worked. Finally, at 11:00, we decided to drive so drive we did! After 10 minutes, Sofia was asleep but in order to ensure she stay asleep, we drove all the way to New Braunfels and back. The drive was well worth it- Sofia slept until 9:00am.
Saturday, Sofia rode back home with my parents while we stayed in San Marcos to shop. Sofia missed Nana alot while she was gone so they spent the day together playing. When we got back home, we ate and immediately afterwards, Sofia passed out on the couch. My poor baby had a rough night and needed to catch up on her sleep! Syd surprised me with my Mother's Day gift at midnight, I got a precious card, a new handbag (which can fit all of Sofia's stuff & more) a 'shopping spree'.

I guess Sofia picked out my gift, she sure loved it!!

Today after church, Syd, Sofia and I went shopping. We took Sofia to the playground beforehand so she wouldn't get restless and spent most of the day at the mall. We had a great time, Sofia behaved like an angel and I was given carte blanche to shop, courtesy of Mr. Harris.

After Sofia napped, we went to dinner with my family. My mom had been working at the restaurant all day so we showered her with gifts at dinner. The whole family was there (minus Liz who will be rejoining us tomorrow) and we talked, laughed, ate and Sofia played with pizza dough for the first time. Good food mixed with great company makes for a good night.


This weekend was absolutely perfect, I loved all my presents but my greatest Mother's Day gift is and always will be that precious little girl that God blessed us with.

1 comment:

the tichenor family said...

sounds like a wonderful day! you deserve it. cannnnnnnot wait to be "neighbors" so we can play, shop, eat, and love on our babies together!