CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

i gotta shake, shake, shake my sillies out

As I said in my last post, Sofia has been on a roll, talking away! Today, I actually think she told me "I want to sleep." I'm never 100% sure what she is saying but she grabbed my hand and led me to her room for a nap, it was precious.

my beautiful flowers from Syd and Sof

Yes, I am one lucky lady. I get to spend all day playing with my perfect little girl and her darling little playmates. This week we've had a great time hanging out with the Halls and Tichenors . Syd has dubbed us 'the gang.' I've accepted the nickname willingly since it takes too long to name each and every person with us on each excusion so from here on out, 'the gang' we will be.

baby love
love bugs
We have had a relaxing week since and it seems everyone has been sleep deprived or just plain exhausted from this Texas heat. In any case, we have a lovely time just sitting around, talking, let the kiddos play around, wearing one another out.

Yesterday, Sofia and I had a wonderful mommy/daughter day. We woke up, went to storytime at the Cinco Library and then hung out at home all day. As I said earlier, we've been exhausted this week so it was just what we needed. Sofia had tons of fun singing and dancing during storytime. We both particularly love the song "Shake My Sillies Out" by Rafi, I know, I know, Rafi?! But honestly guys, it's a great song to sing and dance to so if you don't already know if, I suggest you familiarize yourself with it so you can join in the fun.

Here are some of the new and fun things Sofia loves to do these days:
jump, dance, walk backwards, take care of her babydolls as if they were real babies, play tag, put hand sanitizer after leaving the gym (she thinks it's bubbles and loves putting her hand under the automatic dispenser), sing 'Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes", blow bubbles and kick while swimming, stare at pictures and name everyone in them. Yesterday, she sat in front of the entertainment center looking at the pictures and said "Ra Ra" (her Godmother, Laura) for a good 10 minutes. She also loves to look for Syd and I when we aren't in the room with her. She will shout "Papa," "Mama," until she finds us. It warms my heart when she does that.

Some of the not so fun things Sofia loves to do these days:
Say NO! Not only does she say "no" but she will actually scream it and then throw her hands in the air emphatically. It's not a pretty sight when she does that, especially when it's in response to us asking her to do something, like sit in her high chair. She also has become fond of picking her nails- ewww. She actually tore her fingernail off on her right index finger. She wasn't in any pain when she did it, she just called me, then handed me the nail. Sofia also likes to share her bottle with her babydolls which would be fine if there wasn't actual milk in it, but since there is, it tends to create a big mess.

We have a long weekend ahead of us, and we are excited to spend time with family and friends. I hope you all have a blessed weekend celebrating our freedom and independence.

Happy 4th of July!

This picture is random but I had to post it to show everyone that Syd is learning to overcome hsi fear of heights. Way to go, love!

2 comments:

Ilse said...

Happy juli 4 day.
talk to you soon, kusjes van ons allemaal.
I love the Sofia's story's.
Hahahahahha love you.Omie Ilse and Opa Randolf

Ivy said...

this is getting a bit ridiculous.
i really, really, really miss you. even troy has been complaining about his lack of Syd time. Once we move its going to be even harder to see you guys. Lets squeeze some time in now. please?

i'll be out of the country for the next week... but when i get back i am calling you and all of our excuses are ending.

love you and sof and syd. <3

lets have a game night! wanna? i do! i do!