CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

March Madness

This weekend, we were out and about, enjoying the beautiful weather, visiting with friends, celebrating the arrival of new babies sand watching basketball.

Friday night, we headed to the all too classy, Hooters, to meet up with the Tichenor family. We had a wonderful time, the men were focused on basketball while Meredith and I talked...we just talked and talked and talked some more. The main focus of our conversation was on what we love most, our babies! Her son, Carson is 11 months younger than Sofia but somehow, they are the same size. He's such an adorable baby and we look forward to spending more time with their sweet family. We just love them!

Saturday morning, Sofia and Syd made Dutch pancakes and played outside. They picked flowers and collected leaves, fun times! Sofia and I were at a baby shower all afternoon. We were supposed to go to a 2 year old's birthday party after the baby shower but Sofia was so tired after shower, she dozed off in the car and we decided it was better to let her sleep so we nixed the birthday party. After Sofia woke up, we went to visit Aunt Nessa at her parents' house. We had fun visiting with her, it's always nice to see my little sunshine. We ate dinner at my mom's restaurant and Sofia enjoyed a huge dinner. Her menu included fried tortellini, gnocchi marinara, fettucini alfredo and swiss chard. She is such a good eater! After Thanksgiving dinner, we headed back home and Sofia fell asleep in the car.

Today, Sofia, Isabella, Missy, Aevary and I went to baby Noah's baby shower. We had fun playing at Trey and Cat's playhouse. Delaney kindly shared her toys with the girls and Sofia fell in love with the baby doll stroller and carrier. She happily pushed it around the house while we opened gifts and talked. The girls played while the mommies shared advice. As we talked, the subject of sleeping came up and Cat recommended a book which she says helped her tremendously when Delaney was a baby. The book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth, outlines how many hours of sleep babies need each night at each stage of development. According to Dr. Weissbluth, I need to be putting Sofia down for a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoons so this week, we will be facing yet another hurdle with the little princess: the daytime nap. I will update you all this week to let you know how she handles this adjustment. Mer, I'll be passing the book along to you after I'm done with it if you're interested.

After the shower, Sofia, Syd and I had dinner with my parents. She was happy to see Nana and Abuelo, who had just returned from Venezuela.

Our weekend was almost perfect, the only thing that would have made it better would have been if the Horns had beaten Memphis! Oh well, there's always next year.

One last thing before I forget: April 11th, I will be hosting Bunco at my house so if anyone is interested in coming, and I mean anyone, please let me know. You don't need to know how to play, this will only be my 3rd time so come one, come all!

Peace, love and longhorns.

No comments: