CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Girly girl

Sofia is developing into quite the little princess. She is all about her accessories! Sofia has been very picky about what shoes she wants to wear and won't leave the house without her purse. It's quite a sight to see because she's only 16 months!

Monday, Sofia and I went to the doctor for her 16 month check up. I am glad to say that she is just perfect; 23 lbs, 30 inches and doing great as far as her development is concerned. Sofia is ahead of the game with her speaking abilities and the doctor said that she is showing no signs of being a premature baby. She has caught up on her height and weight and she is right on schedule with her motor skills. The reason I mention the doctor's appointment is because Sofia HAD to carry her huge pink purse that she found at my mom's house with her into the appointment. She was walking through the doctor's office with a purse the same size as she is and wobbling because she could barely keep her balance. While the doctor evaluated her, she clung to her purse and wouldn't let it out of her sight.

She has even realized that purses are meant to be used to carry things. Today, she hid my cell phone in the purse and carried it around, all the while I was searching for my phone, not knowing that she had hidden it! Oh, what a sweet baby I have.

Sofia also has a favorite pair of shoes, she is bringing back patent leather! The past few mornings, Sofia has brought me her dressy black shoes and insisted that I put them on her before we leave the house. Although she lacks the vocabulary to give me instructions, she is good at communicating what she wants with her oohohhs and ahhahhs.

I look forward to the day when Sofia and I can go shopping together since share the same passion for fashion but I know one person who is dreading the day and it's probably because he'll be footing the bill...ha! Sydmil, get ready!!

1 comment:

Ilse said...

Hey Harris Family
We red your story about Sofia, she is so cute and we can't wait to see and hug her.
Maybe she wants to see her Grantparents Harris first to learn their sleeping routine hahahah ok my dear kusjes van ons allemaal Nanny Ilse Opa Randolf en Uncle Carsley love you all