CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunny Days


Enjoying the warm weather and our wonderful neighborhood parks!


No matter what, there's always time for a phone call.



This past week, Sofia, Carsley (Syd's brother), Celia (Carsley's girlfriend) and I enjoyed the beautiful weather. We explored our new neighborhood and found some really great parks that Sofia loves. She loves to swing in the baby swing and go down the slides. I try to take my little lovebug to the park once a day or at least let her play outside on our swing set so she get some stimulation.



So, Wednesday me and 'the gang' went on an afternoon stroll, unbeknown to us that our lovely walk would end in potential disaster. We left our house at around 12pm and headed to Starbucks for coffee and then decided to go to the park near our house. We stayed there for about an hour, Sofia enjoyed the jungle gym and the swings. She was having a great time but I could tell she was getting tired so we called it a day after about an hour. I gave Sofia her bottle and some snacks hoping she would fall asleep on the walk home but nope, nothing. When we arrived home, she was hot, sweaty and sleepy. Not a good combination.


This was us at the park, giggles and grins all around.

As we get to our house, I open the garage door and tried to open the house door which I thought we left UNLOCKED but came to realize that no! Celia had locked the door, thinking I had the key, and now we were locked out. Not only did I have a tired baby on my hands but I didn't have a clue how to get into the house. Syd had BOTH sets of keys to the house and he was at work...in the Galleria area. We could have gotten in the car and driven to the office to pick the house keys up from him but oops, just our luck, that morning, my sweet husband had left me the car but no car keys. Great, we were stuck outside on one of the hottest days of 2008.

I called Syd to fill him in on our predicament; I thought I would just vent to him about our day but he started to tell me about his day and lucky for us, he was having an equally bad day. Apparently, the power at the office kept going on and off. Their laptops batteries were very low and no one was able to work SO he told me they were going to wait 30 more minutes to see if the power would come back on but more than likely, he would be home within the hour.

I was ecstatic to hear the bad news Syd shared with me because this meant that we wouldn't have to pay the $200 for a new window that my helpful brother-in-law had offered to break, nor would we have to pay the $60 a locksmith would charge to break into my own home. Yes! Our day had taken a turn for the better and thankfully, we were only locked out of our house for a mere hour.

In the time it took for Syd to get home from work and let us back in the house, Sofia and I took a walk and she fell asleep which is a miracle in and of itself. What started off as a disastrous day had a beautiful ending, we got back in the house just in time for Jeopardy! and I had a sleeping baby. Life is just plain wonderful.

2 comments:

the tichenor family said...

how funny... these kinds of situations always make for the best stories. hope to see you soon little mama. sweet sofia is growing up so fast!

Ivy said...

youre hilarious! haha! and i miss sofia - her little giggles are precious! ah! i cant wait to see you tomorrow!! :)

did you figure out how you could see my blog? silly girl.