CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

What a wonderful weekend we had celebrating Easter! Sofia, Syd and I all slept very well last night, here's what was on the agenda for the weekend:



Saturday morning, we went to Hosanna Church for a 12,000 Easter egg hunt. That's right, I said 12,000. Little Sofia enjoyed herself and grabbed 10 eggs on her own! She participated in the birth -2 yr. old category which was interesting because all the 2 year olds were hustling and bustling to get the most eggs possible while the littler kids were just walking aimlessly, shaking the eggs that they saw and if they were lucky, one or two would end up in their basket. Sofia did a great job! Syd and I kept her focused on picking up eggs but she liked to admire the eggs she picked up before dropping them in the basket. After the egg hunt, Sofia played in a moonwalk for the very first time. She had a wonderful time jumping around and loved being able to fall down without hurting herself.





After the Easter egg hunt, we met up with my parents for the Easter service at River Pointe. Can I just take a moment and shout out to the worship band because they were AMAZING!!
I loved the service, the pastor did a great job, reminding us all the real meaning of Easter. The final song, 'Redeemer,' was so appropriate for Easter, I have to share some of the lyrics: Now I know my Redeemer lives, I know my Redeemer lives, let all creation testify, let this life within we cry, I know my Redeemer He lives To take away my shame And He lives forever, I'll proclaim that the payment for my sin was the precious life He gave but now He's alive and there's an empty grave.


Beautiful Sofia enjoying the beautiful day God made.

Sofia enjoyed herself at the nursery. Her Sunday school teachers even left a report in her diaper bag saying she was in a pleasant mood and behaved well. Yeah baby! She was pooped after all the day's activities and fell asleep early on the way home.

Sunday we spent all day with my family, enjoying delicious food from the Italian Maid Cafe and relaxing. After brunch at my mom's restaurant, my dad decided that we needed to head to PG Country Club for a photo opp. so we dragged all 15 family members with us to take advantage of the beautiful day. Sofia and her cousins took some darling photos.




a

Our Easter Sunday ended on a sweet note. As I have been saying, Sofia has been doing great with her bedtime routine. Last night, Syd lay Sofia down just as her music was turning off so what does she do? She sat up, gave her daddy a good night kiss, turned her music back on and laid back down to get some much needed rest. How precious is that baby?





4 comments:

Ivy said...

too too precious!

i love her precious mommy too.

Ilse said...

nice pictures,I love this little girl she is so cute.
Kusjes Nanny Ilse

the tichenor family said...

okay, the bedtime story is too precious for words. i hope carson does that for us! we want to play soon... there's a chance we could be in town friday night, could the harris' do dinner?

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

LOVE the pics! Glad yall had a good Easter!