CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

TMI??



Sofia Helena has used the toilet 7 times this weekend. She has done so all on her own accord. We haven't even bought her pull ups yet, however, when nature calls, she will say 'pee pee' and run to the restroom. She informs Syd or myself of what is going on a few seconds before she needs to go so we race her to the restroom, rip off her diaper and set her up. 1-3 times she will actually go, the other 2, she will sit there for a minute, then say 'i wiiipe.' If we didn't grab the roll of toilet paper for her while she tears off a piece, she would use the whole roll for one wipe. Why kids are so fascinated by toilet paper is beyond me.



Since we are going to Puerto Rico this Friday. Oh wait, let me back up for a minute. Friday, the Alvarez ladies, Sosa and I will be going to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Que fino!! We are very excited BUT I'm a bit worried since our precious Syd/Papa won't be joining us. He has to work :(. We will miss him very very much. Nevertheless, since we will be traveling, I don't want to start Sofia on a potty and pull ups yet so until then, she can entertain us and herself by using the big potty.

It's quite hilarious to see such a tiny person on such a giant toilet seat. I forgot how often I used to 'get stuck' when I was younger since I was much smaller than the seat. Poor little Sofia has to hang on to me while she goes, otherwise she would end up soaking wet and terrified of the toilet.

Potty training will officially start next week, I know she's only 21 months old, but the signs are there. She wants to say bye bye to her wettie once and for ALL!

Speaking of potty training, I have to share this story, as it embodies the hilarity it is to be a mother (although this story is about my cousin, not my child in particular). Saturday, we were at Isabella and Aevary Nass's birthday party. The birthday girls looked precious as always and Missy rented a waterslide/moonwalk for all the kids to play on. It was a huge success!

Anywhoo, right after we cut the birthday cake, Isa runs up to me and says she has to go potty. I quickly follow her into the restroom where she proceeds to 'do her business'. She pees, wipes, then flushes. As we are about the leave the restroom, she says, "Hey, wait Alex. I still have some pee dripping down my leg. I have to wipe it off before we leave." How funny is that? I love children and their precious innocence. She cleaned herself up and we headed outside for more action.
Isabella Michelle Nass, 3 yr. old ballerina and the reigning pee pee princess

Shortly after the pee down the leg incident, Sofia wanted to try out the moonwalk waterslide. She was too little to walk up the steps on her own, so I decide to walk her up there, despite it being VERY slippery and me being in a nice dress. I make it to the top with Sofia and am attempting to walk down very slowly and gracefully when BAM! I lose my footing and fly from the top of the slide, to the bottom, it was a Marilyn Monroe-esque moment. If you don't know which Marilyn moment I'm referring to, see below:

Ashley, that last tidbit was for you. I initally wasn't going to write about it, since I was MORTIFIED! After reading your post, I thought you might find it comforting to know we're all klutzes.
This is the slide, to the left, you can see the stairs. It's a long way down!

The girls had such a great time. The fall was well worth it.


Happy almost 21 month birthday to my sweet semi-potty trained girl! You are our pride and joy and we our love for you grows with each day. We are planning the best 2 yr. old shoe themed birthday party so mark your calendars, ladies and gentlemen, Saturday November 22 is Sofia's big day! The best birthday gift for Sosa will be a visit from Opa and Oma, they will be here for the shindig!

I hope to post again before our trip, however if I don't, we will take tons of pictures and update you all after the weekend. Sorry I haven't been a good blogger, we've been busy AND my camera is broken.

Love you all!

3 comments:

Ivy said...

oooh you are going to love puerto rico! probably ALMOST a smuch as i love you! visit my familia while youre there!

i love you! labor day weekend?

The Porters said...

HAHA!! I love that you included your "trip-artist" story! Yours sounds far more graceful than mine was. Have a wonderful and safe trip! Take lots of pictures!

the tichenor family said...

we miss you already! can we fit in your suitcase? i will pay the additional fee for excess baggage! :)

can't wait to party with sosa in november. love you mama.