CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Papa!


What a proud daddy. Yesterday, on Sofia's 15th Month birthday, the little princess took my cell phone and called Syd at work. Of course, she has called him many times before but yesterday was quite different. When he picked up the phone he said hello and he was bit confused because there was dead silence for the first few seconds He quickly realized that I was not the one calling him but his clever daughter had dialed him up, so he said, "Hi Sofia." What does she respond with? "Ha" which translates into "Hello." She asked him how his day was and they talked for a minute and then she just started saying, "Papa, papa, papa, papa, papa," she wouldn't stop! She kept going for another minute or so and then she started laughing. Why? I have no idea but I tell you, that baby was having the time of her life calling her daddy at work. It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard and it made Syd's day hearing Sofia's voice, it probably made his year. He put the phone on speaker and had all his co-workers listen to the conversation. I couldn't see his face but I know he had a huge smile on his face.

Sofia has so much to say and she is beginning to form words: she says hello, dog, moo, be bo (belly button), mama, papa, nana, agua. It is amazing how quickly her speech has developed and it is incredible to see how much she learns everyday. I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy, growing girl. We have been blessed with this gift from God and we couldn't ask for anything more.

P.S. Sofia has been known to randomly call people in my phone so don't be surprised if she calls you next!

2 comments:

the tichenor family said...

ohhhh my goodness, how sweet is that? she's growing up so fast.

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

What a cutie patootie!